Dean & Professor, BGSSAP
Architect – Urban Planner – Valuer
Perusing the leadership role in Institutional building through challenging assignments involving networking and teamwork. Passion for professional practice and consultancy services helps to generate conviction for the teaching-learning, academic process.
Professional Summary: Seventeen Years.
Consultancy Experience: From 1999 Onwards: Seventeen Years.
Teaching Experience: Fourteen years.
Serving as Dean & Professor, BGS School of Architecture & Planning (BGSSAP), BGS International Residential School Campus, Nityanandha Nagar, K.Gollahalli Post, Bengaluru South-560074, www.bgssap.edu.in from November 24th 2014 till date.
- Serving as the Chairman, Board of Examinations, Architecture, Vishweswaraya Technological University, Belgaum (VTU), Karnataka for 2015 onwards.
- Serving as the Special Invitee, Board of Studies, Architecture, Vishweswaraya Technological University, Belgaum (VTU), Karnataka from 2016 July onwards.
- Serving as the Member, National Board of Architecture Education, The Indian Insitiute of Architects (IIA) from March 2015
- Serving as Executive Member of Karnataka Chapter of Indian Institute of Architects (KC IIA) for 2015-17
- Worked as an Associate Professor, B.M.S College of Engineering, Department of Architecture, Bangalore, www.bmsce.in from November 2012 till 15th November 2014.
- Advisor & Senior Director Green Building Research Institute (GBRI), India, based in San Antonio, Texas, USA: GBRIonline.in from Oct 20th till date.
- Advisor & Member - Board of Governors, SJB School of Architecture & Planning (SJB SAP), sjbsap.edu.in , a unit of Sri Adichunchangairi Shikshana Trust, B.G.S Health & Education Trust (R), Bengaluru, Karnataka from November 2012 November till date.
- Advisor & Member - Board of Governors, Global Institute of Architecture(GIA), gia.org.in Pathiripala, Palakkad, Kerala, a unit of Lensfed Trust, Palakkad from November 2012 till date.
- Worked as an Associate Professor in Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal University (wwmanipal.edu), Manipal, Karnataka State, India from November 2010.
- Served as the Architect, Manipal University Projects from February 2009 till February 2012 (Four Years).
- Worked as an Assistant Professor in Faculty of Architecture, Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal University (www.manipal.edu), Manipal, Karnataka State, India from February 2007 till November 2010.
- Worked as a Lecturer in Faculty of Architecture, Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal University, Manipal from April 2005 till February2007.
- Worked as an Architect and Consultant in Chandran & Associates, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala from October 2000 to April 2005 (For Four years and six months), involved with various prestigious projects including Commercial and Public buildings, Star Hotels, Hospitals and Residential buildings etc; was deputed and represented the firm for various prestigious assignments as detailed below:
- As an Urban Planner, The planning institute online, a joint venture project of the planning institute, Inc, California, U.S.A and Fast solutions, Software Technology Parks of India (STPI), Thiruvananthapuram, from Oct 2004 till April 2005, for seven months.
- As a Research Associate (Consultant for Urban and Regional Planning) in Urban Management and Development Project of City Manager’s Association Karnataka [CMAK], Bangalore from Feb 2004 till Sep 2004, for 8 months [CMAK is an organization under US based ICMA, International City Management Association, formed by the Government of Karnataka to take care of all the Urban Development Authorities and Urban Local Bodies].
- As an Architect with M/s Al Shamil, an Architectural Consultancy in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, from July 2001 to Oct 2001, for 4 months.
- Doctoral Degree: Ph.D for the Thesis Titled “Strategies for Waterfront Development Planning in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala” in faculty of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Mysore, Karnataka State, India, 1st Dec 2014.
- Masters Degree in Urban and Regional Planning (M.U.R.P.), Gold Medalist, First Class (64%), from the Institute of Development Studies [I.D.S], Manasagangotri Campus, University of Mysore, Dec 2003.
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture (B.Arch) from B.M.S College of Engineering, Bangalore University, Aug 1999.
- Masters Application Programme in Geographic Information System (MAP GIS), Pentasoft Tehnologies Limited.
- Diploma in Advanced Architectural CAD, AUTODESK, Inc, U.S.A.
- Diploma in Multimedia from Aptech Ltd, Arena MULTIMEDIA.
- Yuvaratna Award by Birla White Cement for guiding Students in Design Competion November 2010.
- Best Thesis Award and the Cash prize of Rupees Ten Thousand for the Year 2003 by Institute of Town Planners, India (ITPI).
- Published Articles and Presented Papers:
- Refereed Journal Publication -05
- International Refereed Journal Publication-02
- International Conferences-02 (Japan)
- National Conferences-10
- Conferences Attended- 65
- Number of UG Thesis Guided – 146
- Number of PG Thesis Guided – 06
- Number of Ph.D Guiding -- 05
Fellow of Indian Institute of Architects (FIIA), Registered/Associate Member: Council of Architecture (COA, Institute of Town Planners, India (ITPI); Institute of Valuers, India (AIIV); Indian Society of Technical Education (MISTE), Indian Institute of Interior Designers (AIID).
Date of Birth : 25-5-1977 (39 Years)
Languages Known: English, Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil,
Marital Status: Married: Dr. Anjusha.I.B; M.B.B.S (Thiruvananthapuram, Government Medical College), MD, Physiology, (KMC, Manipal)
Family Details: One son (Abhijai Chandran. A: 12yrs)
# 2062, Sobha Forest View Apartments - Oak 02, 100 Feet Vajarahalli road,
Off Kanakpura Road, Banashankari -6th stage extension, Bengaluru-560062, India.
Tel +91 080- 28437582 (O), 080- 49586622 (R)
Mobile:+91 98804 86622
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com